Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fun with the kiddos

My boys were showing off for me, doing all sorts of tricks and contorting themselves into different shapes in the kitchen this afternoon. I decided to show off for them as well.. and I discovered that 1) I'm not as young as I used to be, and 2) I'm not as young as I used to be. I discovered this when I attempted to do a crab walk across the kitchen. I can remember when, as a young, fit, limber girl, I could drop down to a crab walk from a standing position. Today I had to lie down on the floor on my back just to get started. We all chuckled as I took two "steps" and then called it quits. "See guys, THAT'S how you do a crab walk!" as I tried to nonchalantly get up off the floor. Thankfully, they aren't old enough to know the difference yet, so for now I'm still a cool mama to them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment